no sound in main stage

chrisdb

I am perplexed- I am not getting sound out of main stage.

My logic 8 is working fine and my 'audio/midi setup' is verified to be the same as my logic setup. i can see the midi input activity on the input channel strip as well as the output channel strip and i have the master volume all the way up and verified that the mute is not activated. The output is set to 1&2 just as my logic8 is set.

what am I missing?

Although I am new to using Logic & MainStage, for a short time I had the exact same problem. I would have to shut MainStage down and bring it back up (sometimes multiple times) in order to hear audio - even though I could see the audio and the midi signals! There were even times I had to shutdown the Mac and start again to clear this up. At the time I was using an M-Audio USB interface for both the audio & Midi.

This problem went away when I started using an Apogee Duet for the audio (firewire connection) and a separate Midi box (using the USB port). For whatever reason the ugly problem never reared its head again!

thanks for the response

I'm pretty happy with my audio interface.. a Yamaha i88x firewire for audio and midi.

I can get along without MainStage just fine so i wouldn't look to replace my audio interface. I just would like to understand why it's working in Logic but not MainStage.