Help Needed:Transferring files from earlier Logic projects

RoshDamunki

Hi Guys

New OSX user but old old logic munki :lol:

I have a new G4Powerbook that cannot recognise sd2f made in my old Logic (4. 8 ) on a old os9 G4. They get seen by 10.4.2 Tiger OS as Unix Executable files :?:

As there is about 50gB+ of data i want to access - is there any way of getting the powerbook to see there files as sd2f...without obviously changing the extention - that would take alot of time. Interestingly all burnt CDs are being read fine as sd2f. But to burn an 80gB HD just to transfer data is ....well....more munki than me :roll:

Any insight would be most welcome

cheers

Rosh

incidently i have just tried to change the extension to files and that still doesnt work...EEEKKK!!

• 1 year later...

Ok back again unfortunately. It's taken some time figuring out what was the problem but now there is a new one!!

The story so far.

An external FW drive was not mac formatted when first used with G3 OS9- munki! :twisted:

Consequently when inserted into a Tiger Powerbook the OS just PC gunk and couldnt decifer any logic data- :shock:

I then Disk Imaged projects in Toast 5.2 on the G3 and burnt them to DVD

When I mount those images on the Powerbook - Logic changes all the audio files to 8bit files

:?:

Why does it do this and how can I rectify the situation? I've tried burning the images in OSX and it still goes the same way - but they all open in Logic 4.8 on the G3 as 16bit files

make sure the files have the correct suffix

.sd2 for Sound Designer

.aif for AIFF

.wav for Wave

osx will (by default) show a file to be a "Unix Executable file" if it doesn't have a suffix

Just tried this and still no joy. This hasn't worked in the past either. Logic just asks "what type of file is this?" and Aborts the file, although it has seen it as its original bitrate (16bit)in the audio window. When i try to locate the missing file it still says the same

Also it seems that all stereo files are now mono and pitched an octave lower :?: :?: