Use MPC to Control a Multitimbral Instrument In Logic

JaeOne3345

This method will allow you to use an mpc to control once instance of a muti timbral instrument in Logic on/from multiple midi tracks.

-Load a multi timbral instrument like battery in a software instrument track

-Set your cells that will be used in battery to their own midi channels. You could substitute battery with any multi timbral midi instrument, just make sure you set up your channels to control different cells/patches.

-Create a *new track with next midi channel* for as many different midi channels you need in your multi (in my case, Battery) Lets say I am using channels 1, 2 and 3 for battery cells. So I create 2 more tracks using the new with next midi channel function. I now have 3 tracks all pointing to battery.

-Using the Logic inspector, set each of these tracks to the midi channels used in the Battery cells. (track 1 = midi channel 1, etc)

-Arm each track so that you can hear each instrument

Remember to use the demix check box under project settings-recording

You will then be able to trigger/monitor/record different battery cells that will go on their own track, from ONE instance of battery.

With this example, remember that you used channels 1-3, so you can't use these for any other software instruments or mpc tracks.

*This can be applied to any multitimbral instrument, not just Battery*