A little bit of help industry-wise for an unsigned band...

(Hope I put this in the right forum David, very sorry if I didn't...)

Dear all,

I have a massive favour to ask...

Basically, there's this tv show on Channel 4 in England called Popworld, and it's currently exposing new music and bands by offering then spots on the show and also letting them play the HardRock Cafe. All great exposure, and plus there are in-house managers etc. Anyway, the way they are recruiting is through www.popworldpromotes.com, and currently my band is 3rd! If we get to the top 2 we get to play the HardRock, and no1 gets all the goodies, and goes on TV. You earn points as to how many people download/rate your track... It would be really, really awesome if some of you guys could just give us a quick listen and a vote - even if it is bad! Obviously, the bad ones go against us, but it's equally good to know if people think we're bad as it is to know if people like our stuff! We're really keeping our fingers crossed here, as we've been on the cusp of a break for quite some time, but never managed to push it to the next step, and this could really be our chance. Equally, to any other bands, get your stuff up there! It's a chance that shouldn't really be missed!

If you go to www.popworldpromotes.com and search for Leopold, you'll find us. We should be on the left anyway seeing as we're in the top 10.

I hope you guys like what you hear, and if you do, more stuff can be found on www.myspace.com/leopoldband.

Once again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum David, and thanks to everyone who gives us a listen. To be honest, thanks to everyone anyway, without your help, much of our music wouldn't have happened!

Cheers guys, L

• 1 month later...
I will check it out and give it a vote, as I know what your going thru, my sons group just put out a cd, and are going thru it also. Theyre cd is in BestBuys in Ohio, go figure...they are also on www.garageband.com The Kellys. You probably already have your tunes on that site, but if you don't, give it a try. Exposure is where its at and every bit helps, so I will check it out. Good luck.