Incorporating Funk Guitars Into Jazzy Type Compositions?

TheBarber

I'd like to know how can I incorporate a funk guitar into my music composition just with virtual instruments?

I have some plugins but I don't have any sound/patch that I can recall which would sound like a funk guitar in a jazz song. Often those guitars are panned to the one side of the stereo field and they fill out the composition and give it some rhythm.

Like in this example at the beginning of the video:

I know that there's more to it then just having a patch, so I'm asking if someone can give me an overview how things work in that field. Because I started with producing modern music with a lot of synth, and now I got more into that live band type music. I'm trying to do this with virtual instruments only, I also know that simulating a realistic way of playing is very important too.

Or is it like that that I just take one of those clean e-guitars which are also in Logic included and apply effects to it so that it does sound like a funk guitar? Like if you would make it distort to go more for rock?

You see this area is kinda a mystery for me yet.

The only cool guitars I found or in other words I liked and were immediatelly usable for me were in the reason refill called Fantom X Facsimile which samples Roland Fantom X keyboards. Other than that I'm lost.

I wanna incorporate those funk guitars into my jazzy type compositions, because now they sound kinda empty without a funk guitar. :)

Pull Reason into your logic session using "Rewire".

Use the funk guitars you like.

That's what I'm already doing, maybe you can give me some examples/patches so I can have the same picture as you guys. Because I'm always going through all the patches and I don't think I found something similar to the YouTube video I posted. Or you mean the Dr. Rex loops, that would be a different thing. Because I know there are some funk guitars in the Dr. Rex loops section.

I never was that much of a loop slice and dice guy but I might get into it.