Sustain Pedal Polarity

DBGaither

I'm a newbie. I was given an M-Audio Radium-49 (with bad USB - of course) that I have connected to Mainstage via MIDI. I just grabbed the sustain pedal from my Kurzweil SP88 keyboard. Although the pedal triggers properly with the SP88, it is opposite on the Radium-49. With other keyboards I've used, you can just depress the pedal while you turn the keyboard on and it will adjust. But this is not working.

I do not know how to make the Radium compensate for this, but this should be a parameter I can adjust in Mainstage (I would think). I've looked everywhere and cannot find the info. So, how do I make Mainstage interpret the pedal switch properly?

Doug

I have a KFP-1 footswitch. As I mentioned earlier, I have tried the soft-switch method (power cycling the controller while depressing the pedal) and that doesn't work. I guess, there is no setting in MainStage to accommodate my request. It seemed like a logical kind of soft modification. But I guess, because the controller interprets the switch and sends the MIDI code for an activated switch to MainStage, there is no way to re-interpret the MIDI signal sent by the controller.