Logic Pro : Staccato and Legato note using Orchestral librar

Hello

Most of the libs we use does not have the intelligence to analyse what has to be played and a Staccato notes does not have the same articulation that the Legato notes

As you may now I have been working on using program changes to do my key-switches, but today there is no notion of note length in the transformer of the Environment of Logic

The solution is to use the transformer of the Event List or of the Score windows

See document attached

Best

Cyril

Logic Pro _ Staccato and Legato note using Orchestral libraries.pdf.zip

Hi Cyril,

I sent this post yesterday but I think it got deleted. Great work! I'm testing your method now. It looks like VSL VI's speed control--right? Keep posting--I

read alll you posts (I'm on your list). Can you program other VSL VI features into the EXS24?

RAM purge

Universal Mode

A/B switch: octave runs up (A); octave runs down (B)

Kai's articulation tool

Again, great work!

J Marti

Hi

A lot can be done in the Environment, this transformer can be used with any lib.

I do not have VSL VI so I cannot help on that.

I have proposed to VSL and to E/W to do some environment for them ; never had a reply !

Best

Cyril

• 4 months later...

Hey Cyril,

Cool idea...

Just as a side note, I think the reason that there's no notion of length in the environment is that the stuff there happens in real time. There's no way Logic can guess how long you're going to hold a note.

The score and event views show pre-recorded information, so Logic can look at everything to determine which events match the 'length' criteria.

-Sam

• 10 months later...