Transfer MainStage from Laptop to Desktop?

Pete

My MacBookPro has been suffering from a disappearing cursor bug where the trackpad and keyboard suddenly stop working so I need to take it to an Apple Store for repairs. Before I do that I'd like to copy/transfer the MainStage app and all supporting files back to my main rig which I normally use for recording, so I can use it while the laptop is out of commission.

What's the best way to to do that?

yeah, just install it from the dvd. The license with logic includes an install for 1 desktop AND 1 laptop computer.

for all your concerts and extra files use the firwire disk mode:

1) Have your desktop turned on, laptop turned off.

2) Disconnect all the firewire devices you have on both

3) Connect the laptop and desktop using a firewire cable.

4) Turn on the laptop, but as you turn it on hold down the 'T' key.

This will basically boot your laptop up as an external hard drive, and it will appear in the finder on your desktop computer. Just go in, find the files you want, and copy/move them across. :)

Thanks! ...actually without restarting or setting either machine in Target mode i just attached a firewire cable and connected thru built-in firewire network for a very fast transfer.

After a search thru the various libraries I seem to have gotten the application, my patches and channel strips- without a hitch -everything except my MS "concerts" on the first go. 8)