1 display..2 displays 3 displays....what do you think

Im runing PT 7 on my g5

Gentlemen, hoping you are doing well I com e to you with a question regarding computers displays

may be some of you guys remember me, Im the guy who tryed and tryed to make logic and PT coexist on the same machine with no success, so i have a g4 with logic on it and a lot of virtual instruments. I connect both machines using midioverlan, and do all my sequencing on pt. I only use Logic as a Gigantic Sound module...so far so good

now a friend of mine sold me his copy of Gigastudio ( he sold me also some library etc) and am gonna integrate this into the studio

am gonna use also midioverlan to connect to this machine and probably use a regular sound interface with balanced out to go to mi digi mic pres

My question to you would be, am I better of keeping each computer with its own monitor, or should I get a switch for all the computers so they use my Apple 30 Inches, which is place right on the sweet spot , between my spakers?

can somebody tell me what are the proos or cons of this system?

thanks a lot, and if this has been discussed before i apologize but couldn find an specific title for the topic

thanks and the best for all of you

I am not a professional, here's my opinion...

Your ease of use is of paramount importance when it comes to music making, whether you are comfortable with a snakes den of cables or want things as simple as possible.

For my money (which it ain't), I would go with a simple switcher box, Belkin is a name i hear alot attached to monitor/keyboard switching. But I prefer the simple approach, because tangles are so difficult to unravel.

If your setup is perfect (with a 30" Cinema display), good monitor-ear feelings, you should keep it that way, and work the g4 into your g5.

check out http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=3266 although i don't know if it matches your needs

best of luck