One dead key in my Mainstage rig

jagalactic

I've been working for several days on recreating my gigging patch set on Mainstage, and I'm having a really weird problem. Every key on my Yamaha S90 (88 key) controller works except for one - E below middle C.

That key works fine on internal S90 patches, and when I play it the keyboard graphic on the Mainstage screen shows the key being pressed, so I know it's reaching Mainstage via Midi. But none of my mainstage patches respond to that key. I didn't knowingly set up any sort of filter, and I wouldn't know how even if I wanted to.

I created a new concert based on the variety template, and it DOES response to that key, so that proves it's working.

Any ideas as to WTF could be going on here? I'm sure it's something I inadvertantly did...

There must not be all that many people really using Mainstage...

I'm still looking for a solution, short of copying all my patches to a new empty concert, and recreating my layout.

I came up with a theory today, but it didn't seem to pan out. I thought maybe I had accidentally assigned the offending key to a virtual knob or button in Layout Mode (which seems like it might cause the Note to be ignored in favor of the controller function). So I intentionally assigned that key to a button (which worked), and then assigned a different hardware button to that Layout button. AFAIK that should undo any Layout mode assignment of that key...but alas, the key still doesn't work.

Is my logic accurate here? Is there a different procedure for undoing a hardware controller assignment? Is there anything I could have done that is "concert global" that might be intercepting this key, such that it wouldn't trigger a sound?

Has nobody else had this problem?! This is frustrating - any suggestions appreciated.

John