Layout image problem

songboy

I know this is small potatoes, but how come I cannot add an image to my control panel in layout mode. I have the image opened in the Inspector, its in the little box and I have an image field on my control panel, but there is only a black square were the image should be. I have figured out how to do a lot of things on this program but this one has me stumped, and of course there is little mention of this feature in the manual.

Any Help????

Yeah thats what I've been doing, but no luck. It definitely is trying to add something because the square it goes in takes up visual space, its just black. I guess all my pics are .jpg format, does that have anything to do with it? If so, what formats are compatible with Mainstage?

Okay, it works for pictures I have downloaded off the internet but not for pics I have taken with my camera. All of them are in jpeg format but I noticed that the pics from the internet are considerably smaller (internet 10-64 kb/ my pics 996kb-2mb). Is there a pic size limit in Mainstage? I'm gonna try saving the pics with less resolution and see what happens.

Yeah thats what I've been doing, but no luck. It definitely is trying to add something because the square it goes in takes up visual space, its just black. I guess all my pics are .jpg format, does that have anything to do with it? If so, what formats are compatible with Mainstage?

Open it in Preview and export it as a JPG to see if that fixes it.

Thats weird. I also can use photobooth pics but still can't get any of the pics I have taken with my camera to work. It has to be something with the way I saved my pics, I guess I will keep toying with it when I have the time.

Thanks for you help, as usual, this site kicks arse