Memory issues still and I have 4 gigs of ram now???

lrizzo2001

I just watched a video on Apples website where 9 inch nails is using a macbook pro to run all their keyboards, all their vocal effects, all their guitar effects. I'm sitting here saying to myself, I'm in a wedding band and I can't even get all my sounds to load in withouth my memory meter being in the Red... My question is one I asked back when Mainstage was first released, but I never got a clear answer to it. Is mainstage still a memory Hog? Is there anything I can do to make my mainstage run better with less drop outs? I don't think my setup is SOOO Huge that I should be maxing out the 4 gigs so easily, and as I understand it, the EXS32 is already running in virtual memory mode when in Mainstage. Any thoughts anybody?

hi,

I kinda have the same problem. I want to get to work a lot of songs in Mainstage. So far it works. The Memory is about 3/4 full. But I think it it is Mainstage that just can´t hanlde more than 2 or 3 GB of RAM. On my Macpro with 14 GB Ram, mainstage crashes when I load a lot of RAM intensive plugins. Even though the display shows I only use a little part of RAM.

However I just tried the following which could be a work around. Just copy the App Mainstage. So you can open Mainstage two times. Than you can open 2 concerts without loading the sample content againg. My quickt test also did it with 3 Mainstage apps open. Meaning you can run 3 concerts at the same time....

kinda cool I think....so far. Don´t know if it really helps. But I´ll try

greets

myand

When you do that, doesn't your midi controller trigger both Mainstages at the same time?

hi,

I kinda have the same problem. I want to get to work a lot of songs in Mainstage. So far it works. The Memory is about 3/4 full. But I think it it is Mainstage that just can´t hanlde more than 2 or 3 GB of RAM. On my Macpro with 14 GB Ram, mainstage crashes when I load a lot of RAM intensive plugins. Even though the display shows I only use a little part of RAM.

However I just tried the following which could be a work around. Just copy the App Mainstage. So you can open Mainstage two times. Than you can open 2 concerts without loading the sample content againg. My quickt test also did it with 3 Mainstage apps open. Meaning you can run 3 concerts at the same time....

greets

myand

Yeah I just tried your idea and it is in fact playing both Mainstage sessions at the same time. I guess you would have to setup one concert to be on one midi channel and the other to be on a different one.

When you do that, doesn't your midi controller trigger both Mainstages at the same time?

hi,

greets

myand

hi,

yeah I know it is not a very elegant way. But if you go into edit mode in one mainstage app and click on a set, or concert (meaning no patch is choosen or acitve) you won´t hear anything, even though you are sending on all 16 midi channels.

Or you could simply mute the output in one mainstage app.

but still not very elegant. Just ideas....don´t think they work very well live on stage...

best regards,

myand

P.S.: But, right now I am using mainstage in combination with my s90es very succesfull! So far I only played 2 gigs with it but it worked flawlessly on stage! I am really happy. Even with "only" one mainstage app open. I plan to use it the whole year, around 50 gigs, each in front of maybe 1000-2000 people. more or less

It's actually the only solution that seems to work at the moment, so thank you for the tip. I'm sure there are a dozen ways to deal with muting the other sessions while using the one.

hi,

yeah I know it is not a very elegant way. But if you go into edit mode in one mainstage app and click on a set, or concert (meaning no patch is choosen or acitve) you won´t hear anything, even though you are sending on all 16 midi channels.

Or you could simply mute the output in one mainstage app.

but still not very elegant. Just ideas....don´t think they work very well live on stage...

best regards,

myand

P.S.: But still right now I am using mainstage in combination with my s90es very succesfull! I am really happy. Even with "only" one mainstage app open. I plan to use it the whole year, around 50 gigs, each in front of maybe 1000-2000 people. more or less