About using different sample rates in the same project...

amadeo220675

hi,

workin' on a project based on samples & loops i was given by the producer, i have to re-record some tracks & add some stuff... whatever...

my question is : all the given audio material is 44.1KHz. The final mix is design for a DVD (96KHz unless it changed recently ! :wink: ).

-> because it will be a real time loss to reconvert any external material to 96KHz & because i have no reason to record my work in a rate other than 96KHz, can i use both sample rates in the logic project. Some pro mastering tools allow that (with a external pre treatment of the sounds - with PT) & i'm afraid Logic won't.

Can anybody tell moire about that ?

Thank's. Have a nice day.

thanks david,

that's effectively useful to convert inside logic...

but, in fact, i was afraid of such a response because, as we cannot edit more than one file at a time in the sample editor (unless i've missed something!), i will have to convert all the sound library file by file which will be such a time loss...

anyway, maybe am i goin' for a batch convert in peak or whatever that will allow me to do it while sleeping... (more than 6GB...)

one precision though : it's possible to work with files from different bit depth, isn't it ? i guess it is : that would be a lack !

c u