choosing a good audio interface for logic pro

So I recently just bought a macbook and upgraded it to 2gb ram. Since then I've been trying to decide what equipment I should buy for my home studio. I was going to for the m audio firewire 410 + pro tools m powered but Logic Pro just seems like a much more complete package so I've decided to go for that instead. I've read that the firewire 410 doesnt always work too well with logic so I was wondering what interface you guys would recommend, preferably in the same price range as the 410.

Any help would be amazing.

PS i'm going for the Rode NT1-A as my main mic for just now.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks guys I would really like both of those but they are out of my price range at the moment because I'm trying to keep some money for a mac pro when they finally arrive. I'm looking to spend around £200 to £300 (not sure how much that is in dollars). I don't need alot of inputs because I'm a one man band really and I won't be recording drums.

Interfaces along the line of:

M Audio Firewire 410

Presonus Firebox

etc.

I don't have any experience with audio interfaces or logic pro for that matter so I'm looking to spend my money wisely :)

So I recently just bought a macbook and upgraded it to 2gb ram. Since then I've been trying to decide what equipment I should buy for my home studio. I was going to for the m audio firewire 410 + pro tools m powered but Logic Pro just seems like a much more complete package so I've decided to go for that instead. I've read that the firewire 410 doesnt always work too well with logic so I was wondering what interface you guys would recommend, preferably in the same price range as the 410.

Thanks

Steve

In my experience the m-audio stuff has really bad drivers and marginal hardware. It would be worth putting out some extra money and buy something a bit better. Less headaches. 3 rock solid interfaces that a lot of people use on this forum is the focusrite saffire, RME Fireface800 and the motu stuff.

I have a saffire and have used a ff800. I am going to buy a FF800 in a couple of weeks. The saffire is great for the price.

Just my 2 cents.

-Ging

Thanks

Steve

In my experience the m-audio stuff has really bad drivers and marginal hardware. It would be worth putting out some extra money and buy something a bit better. Less headaches. 3 rock solid interfaces that a lot of people use on this forum is the focusrite saffire, RME Fireface800 and the motu stuff.

I have a saffire and have used a ff800. I am going to buy a FF800 in a couple of weeks. The saffire is great for the price.

Just my 2 cents.

-Ging

Hey thanks! The saffire looks really good and is in my price range. :D So does this setup seem good...

Macbook 1.83/2gig ram

Logic Pro 7.2

Focusrite saffire

Rode NT1-A

I'll still need to decide what external HD to get and also if I should buy a midi controller. All depends on the ports I have free.

edirol fa101? 10 in 10 out, two mic pre's with phantom power, 250 quid

just a suggestion

where can you get it for 250 quid? It was 300 from dolphinmusic.com. Do you own it? If so whats the sound quality like?

Does the focusrite saffire have phantom power?

Hey thanks! The saffire looks really good and is in my price range. So does this setup seem good...

Macbook 1.83/2gig ram

Logic Pro 7.2

Focusrite saffire

Rode NT1-A

That's what I would recommend. Focusrite has more experience with 'Pro Users' I find their consumer line reflects that.

Hey thanks! The saffire looks really good and is in my price range. So does this setup seem good...

Macbook 1.83/2gig ram

Logic Pro 7.2

Focusrite saffire

Rode NT1-A

That's what I would recommend. Focusrite has more experience with 'Pro Users' I find their consumer line reflects that.

Does the saffire have phantom power, I can't see it anywhere on the specs page.

Macbook 1.83/2gig ram

Logic Pro 7.2

Focusrite saffire

Rode NT1-A

Does the saffire have phantom power, I can't see it anywhere on the specs page.

Yes on both channels. A button in between the inputs on the front panel. Turns it on or off for both channels, not separately.

Thanks for all your help :)

All this is being bought by money from my 21st birthday so I just wanna do it right and get good equipment. I'd be so annoyed if I bought an interface like the 410 and it refused to work or something.

So thanks for answering my questions...anymore random pieces of advice would be very welcome.