raid options for a G5 dual core 2.0

Also wondering what people are using for internal SATA raids for the G5 dual core computers. I was setting up a session in 96KHz to track drums on a FF800 and the internal SATA disc (not the system drive) could not keep up.

Any thoughts.

-Ging

You can use Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility).... but do you really need to work at 96KHz? It puts a lot of stress on the computer and drives, so you will always get much less performance than 48KHz. You want to make a couple of tests and make sure your decision to work at 96KHz is justified, and balance it with the diminished power, plug-in count and track count you're going to get from your system.

You can use Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility).... but do you really need to work at 96KHz? It puts a lot of stress on the computer and drives, so you will always get much less performance than 48KHz. You want to make a couple of tests and make sure your decision to work at 96KHz is justified, and balance it with the diminished power, plug-in count and track count you're going to get from your system.

Thanks David,

Ya I realize how to set up a raid. I wasn't that clear in my initial post. I want to add more drives than the two I already have internally. I have a system drive and a sample drive internally now and have been recording onto the sample drive as it is the only drive I have that will handle high track counts. I have not tried FW800 - raid. Also it is not a matter of needing to work at 96Khz it's a matter of choosing to for certain projects. It might be a matter of waiting a bit for the new Intel Mac Pro to handle 96kHz efficiently. I've never done it before so I appreciate the heads up.

-Ging