New user switching to logic and main stage

deej08

hey yall im very new here to the forums and have been having some problems getting answers anywhere else. I'm trying to switch to logic and mainstage here with in the next month or so but still have a couple of questions.

i have a late 2008 white mac book 2.4 ghz 160hd and 2 gb of ram. being in school this is all i can afford. i plan on swapping out the hd with a 7200 and getting another 7200 rpm external hd while upgrading the ram to 4gb.

My main question is am i going to be having a lot of problems doing what im doing. I have mpd 24 and plan on getting and mpk49.

any help would be greatly apperciated.

good deal. Are you using failry simple sounds and could you explain what all your doing with mainstage.

Ive been researching the whole thing for prolly about 3 months beofre i make this huge jump.

I've been using MainStage on a dual2GHz MacBook with 2GB or RAM without issues. We're using this with a MOTU UltraLite to pretty much run our entire concert. Three controllers using MainStage synths with effects, backing tracks running via iTunes, and four vocal mics with effects, and a Korg Nanokontrol surface. Not a glitch, but I think feeding it more RAM would make me feel better.

thank you all so much greatly with the feed back this is just the information ive been trying to dig up.

My next question is can i use 2 controllers at the same time for a greater amount of control.

My current controller is an akai mpd 24 and along with that im looking and purchasing the akai mpk 49 and the smaller one the 25 i think it is.

Any more feedback would be greatly apperciated.