Where did the movie audio volume shortcut go?

philgresco

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to 8.02.

I used to be able to turn the audio track volume of a movie up and down using shift and scroll on the mouse when over the small movie window in the inspector. Doesn't work anymore, any other shortcuts?

Opening the movie window then clicking the volume control is going to get annoying every time I need to check a dialogue cue or fade, and I can't find a way to add a shortcut for this.

Thanks!

Ok, so i'll have to use a separate track for the movie audio for now, is there a way to lock this to the movie? - so if I move the movie, the audio moves with it, for lining up different cues with different frames.

Thanks

AAaaargghhhh... I mean no, there's no way, but that would be a horrible workflow anyway! Here's what you should do:

1) Line up the movie however you want it.

2) Import the audio. If it's not automatically lined up with the movie, align it.

3) Never touch the movie position or its audio ever again.

You can't edit movie in Logic so there's no lining up different cues with different frames as far as the movie and its audio.

ok, I see.

If I have a few cues with similar arrangements I like to move the movie position then save it as a new session for each cue. Seeing as the movie can be moved to before zero time, it's been working well for me, and the timecode's burnt in anyway. If I have a cue at 50 minutes and say press 0 without any locators active, I have to zoom out/scroll all the way back (which is slow on my system with video). I'm sure there must be a faster way to navigate though...

I guess your way sounds neater and is probably a better and more sensible approach to workflow if all the cues are in the same project, but I had a strange error occurring last year with large numbers of arrangements in the same project, that I couldn't solve, so since then I've been breaking it down into smaller chunks.

Thanks for the reply.