silly question??? - generating pure sine waves at diff. hz?

Rounik

hello

I'm wondering if i can generate 2 simple sine waves. one at 440, 200 or 100hz and the other differing by say 4hz or 2 hz.

Which is the best plug-in to use? (I'm on logic pro 6.4.3) i've tried es1 - couldn't grasp it. es2 - more successful - but feel like i'm getting something wrong as i want to generate binaural beats...doesn't sound right. and exs24 completely confused me.

would really appreciate some help....i must be missing something obvious... i hope! ; - )

ron

thanx David,

i think i found test osc. is it the effect called "oscillator" in logic 6.4.3 under (specials)? If it is then - yup, got that. however, can't control the frequency with precision unless the freq. is quite low (i.e. less than 110). Anything above that can only be shifted up and down by 10 or 20hz.

actually.....ignore all that - just figured out that if i select "note" as opposed to freq. then i can really fine tune it......brilliant!

thank you very much!

ronnieegg

Hi Kudante,

I'm trying to create binarual beats (two differnt sine waves with a difference in frequency between say 8hz to 1/2hz. The difference between the two can apparently help induce deeper states of relaxation (i.e help the listener relax into beta, theta or delta states in the brain).

I'm very interested music and/or sound as a tool to bring about deeper states of relaxation and healing - so YES, any more info you have would be much appreciated!

I looked at your website but there seemed to be only one page. Is it my browser or just the way it is now?

if you wanna send me an email with some info or direct me to good place it'd be fantastic!

thanks,

Rounik

p.s. do you know about holosync cd's? any good?