Daws. Again.

Ok i'm done with my current projects...

What happened this time. i battled with poor midi timing, poor midi recording, and finally got it sorta usable, just to find that its still not so great with cubase sx 2.2.. Working on todd's project on his dual cpu machine we edited every bass note, and ever drum track slicing up like 20 to 40 thousand notes make that many events. the system slows to a crawl, the detect silence is a joke, the delete over laps option is buggy and kills events over 600 or something, if you try to bounce down multple tracks at once, it takes a million years, the interface becomes sluggish and un responsive, there is no iterative quantising for audio so you have to manually make a midi track and insert a midi note at every slice to create a custom groove track, then you can quantise that midi track iteratively before you make the groove, then you can quantise the audio to that custom groove track. but it made what should of taken about two weeks of editing is taking almost 4 months thanks to good ol steinberg, their bugs, slow interface and lack of features...

So what i want to know. is what other programs have tight midi, iterative quantising for audio, and a good fast interface ?

The only ones i can think to try is Pro tools, Samplitude(lacking many features), Digital Performer.

Logic has the crappiest interface of all so i'm avoiding it like the plague... Cubase has the best, but read above... I want to know about pro tools, and digital performer. I hated the interface on cakewalk as well. stupid...

The biggest problem of all is that i am in love with the algorithmix which is direct x and vst only..... :(

I agree with music boy, why do you post something here that has nothing to do with Logic? If you don't like Logic, there's no point in posting it and telling us how you have problems with Cubase. This forum is for helping people with Logic issues. Buy SX3 and complain to Steinberg.

The (almost) exact same post as the one at Gearslutz...

:wink:

Logic sounds ideal for your needs, but if you don't like the interface...

:roll:

I mean, yes it is ugly and a bit of an unintuitive frankenstein dinosaur (compared with Apple's other pro apps) and has a steep learning curve, but it's one of those programs that once you get into it, everything else seems like a bit of a toy.

Maybe they will clean up / revamp the interface so it's more in line with the standardised layout of other Apple applications...?

The Apple "grey" look is in line with other Pro Apps as far as I know...also, I don't think it matters what colour it is, as long as it's clear and you can work with the program.

The software is a means to an end and as long as it has all the tools you require then you should be able to work with it.