First post relating Firewire Audio Interface

Hello everyone its my first post here so go easy on me haha, probably had a few questions on this forum about audio interfaces already, but I am looking to get one mainly using it with a Rode NT4 mic to make recordings out and about, mainly be recording the audio into logic and slicing and applying filters, eq and dynamic processors later on, also i want to be able to record some guitar and if i have the chance to mic up some drums. I have been considering the Apogee Duet purely on its amazing converters , but it is quite limited with its I/O but really is portable, also the Motu ultralite, but I do not know what Motu are like in sound performance, also the Focusrite Saffire but I have heard mixed reviews about this, and also from images it seems quite chunky and not as easily portable, also the TC Konnekt Live or Konnekt 24D, if i had the money i would probably go for the RME Fireface 400 (if you know where i could get one cheaply much appreciate it), I have a unibody Macbook Pro so have a firewire 800 port on it, i know that all the devices i have named are firewire 400 as the only available is the RME Fireface 800 which is just short of a grand :(. As I have stated I am really looking for a firewire interface that is really portable and can allow me to record stereo sound off my microphone out and about, record guitar and also maybe mic up a drum kit, really appreciate the help everyone and look forward from hearing from you and im really sorry this post is uber long :)

Thanks David really appreciate the help, sorry for asking so many question but if I am spending a vast amount of money I really need to know what I am spending it on first of all. Have you use the Duet at all? and how does this compete against the RME? I know there is a vast difference in price but I read somewhere the Duets converters are far superior to the RME's, but the amount of I/O the RME has is amazing compared to the Duet's on 2 XLR and 2 unbalanced line inputs and its 2 unbalanced line outputs, I am really spoilt for choice because the RME i would be getting is B-stock so would not be new, and its still quite costly at £459 when I could either get the Duet for £359, and maybe the Konekt 24d or the motu for a bit less, its such a hard decision lol, what are you using at the moment? and is portability an issue with you? cheers and thank you for the help in advance