what's a good alternative to NI Battery (particuarly v1)

I'm not really a fan of ultrabeat, it doesn't really do anything for me, no character or something, no dynamics to the sound.

any suggestions?

I don't care about Gigabytes of sample libraries or anything, just someting with a decent interface and some good sounding kits.

cheers,

Paul.

battery 3? haha, it's on sale at least =) I was in your shoes and really couldn't find anything in the price range to even compare. Only thing I haven't figured out yet, and I'm learning it might not be possible, is selective outputs for sounds.

good luck, I'll watch this one to see what gets proffered

Battery 3 is much, much better than version 1, but I think you'll get better answers if you're a bit more specific in what you're after.

Do you want to be able to build kits from you own samples, or are you just looking for a good drum library?

If you do your own sampling, a free alternative is the EXS24, or you could look into NI's Kontakt 3 or NI's Machine.

Perhaps EZ Drummer or Superior 2.0 and the EZ expansions would be better for you. Or have a look at BFD 2, Occeanway Drums, Addictive Drums or even MOTU's BPM.

Edited by Chris

Thanks peoplez,

I'll research all those recommended.

I just love the kits in Battery 1 :D

My default project in Logic opens with 3 instances of Battery 1, I suppose it's not to difficult to transfer the B1 kits to EXS or something.

will check out battery 3.

thanks,

Paul.

On a side note, this is the exact reason MIDI hardware is better than software, my Novation Drumstation is well older than Battery and still works fine with the rest of my setup. :lol:

This totally screws up a multitude of old projects I have that aren't rendered to Audio.

I still have access to a G5 running Logic, but that's beside the point, seems to me it was a nice excuse fr NI to force people to upgrade. :roll:

I still have access to a G5 running Logic, but that's beside the point, seems to me it was a nice excuse fr NI to force people to upgrade. :roll:

Isn't this a little like the pot calling the kettle black? After all, it was you the user that upgraded your hardware and OS, along with many others, thus forcing NI to upgrade their software. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Isn't this a little like the pot calling the kettle black? After all, it was you the user that upgraded your hardware and OS, along with many others, thus forcing NI to upgrade their software. :wink:

:D

this is true!

but that was through necessity.

Logic 5 on my windows machine wasn't so good on the move.

• 2 weeks later...