Moving strips in themixer

edvin

Hi guys,

noob in the forum! I just found this community and am very excited to see how it works.

I have this issue I have been aching to find a solution to:

- Sometimes when adding an aux, I would like to group it with say, some intruments, just to have them lined up one after the other.

It could be the original bass drum and the compressed send of the same bass drum... But I haven't found a way to do this. Whenever I add a new AUX, it ends up to the far right of the mixer, and I can't move it.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Cheers;

edvin :)

Hmmm..

Thanks for the reply, but I can't do it.

Please take a look at the attachment:

What if I want to move the highlighted strip over to the far left of the image?

I'm on Logic Pro 8.0.2

Cheers!

e.

1795199230_Picture2.png.568e7db5734c621f6ef4a7f4a6cc3bd1.png

Open the Environment and whatever and wherever you want. You have to click on the name in the bottom to highlight it and drag it. After that choose Options, Clean up, Align objects.

As I said open the Environment, not the Mixer. Hit Command+8 and the Environment will open.

Hmmm..

Thanks for the reply, but I can't do it.

Please take a look at the attachment:

What if I want to move the highlighted strip over to the far left of the image?

I'm on Logic Pro 8.0.2

Cheers!

e.

Welcome to the forum.

We have a wonderful 'search' section for questions like this that have been asked and answered over and over again.

If I think I will be moving things round, I want to make sure the Mixer channel strips are also visible in the ARRANGE window. (I know you will ask about the Aux strips next).

So for convenience, I will highlight the channel strips in the Mixer window and choose OPTIONS > CREATE ARRANGE TRACKS FOR SELECTED CHANNEL STRIPS and they will appear in the Arrange window.

In the Arrange window, I can drag the Instrument track to any position and the result will be reflected in the MIXER window (with the Arrange tab selected).

Does this help any?

Open the Environment and whatever and wherever you want. You have to click on the name in the bottom to highlight it and drag it. After that choose Options, Clean up, Align objects.

As I said open the Environment, not the Mixer. Hit Command+8 and the Environment will open.

That will move the channels strip in the Environment, but not in the Arrange screen or the Mixer screen (at least not on my comp).

Welcome to the forum.

We have a wonderful 'search' section for questions like this that have been asked and answered over and over again.

Does this help any?

Hi! Yes; I have searched.

Several times, actually. I got a lot of hits, but browsing them; I did not find what I was looking for.

I should have mentioned this in my first post.

It does help. Moving the arrange track also moves the strip in the mixer.

But I also get a new track cluttering up my arrange view :D

Deleting this track will send the AUX strip back to its original position in the mixer window,

so you just have to shrink the arrange track to an acceptable minimum size and leave it there.

Thanks, guys!

e.

Welcome to the forum.

Does this help any?

Hi! Yes; I have searched.

Several times, actually. I got a lot of hits, but browsing them; I did not find what I was looking for.

I should have mentioned this in my first post.

It does help. Moving the arrange track also moves the strip in the mixer.

But I also get a new track cluttering up my arrange view :D

Deleting this track will send the AUX strip back to its original position in the mixer window,

so you just have to shrink the arrange track to an acceptable minimum size and leave it there.

Thanks, guys!

e.

:roll:

You could think about adding the HIDE button to the Arrange track header. :lol: