Apogee Duet and Logic Pro 8

adthekidd

I just got my duet yesterday sold my mbox 2 to get it...

I started using logic about a month ago and i like so much better then PT so far.

When i record a track and play it back it sounds wayy lower then it while it was recording it also sounds a bit distorted... The mic volume is almost all the way up but it still records low...

When i had my mbox 2 i never had this problem... :(

What am i doing wrong? I know it has to be something simple (hopefully)

Another issue i have is when i add an effect to my vocals for example pitch correction when i speak on the mic i hear the effect maybe 2 seconds later

once again what am i doing wrong here??

Thanks in advance

If you open the apogee maestro software, what setting do you have selected for the input you are using?

Sounds like for what you're doing it should be set at xlr mic...

... and btw - welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

But, yea i do have it on xrl mic i have a check on the 48v box (obviously)

should i check the box that has the O with the line across it??

should i check the box that has the O with the line across it??

That's just for phase reversal. Shouldn't make a difference if you're only using one mic...

Won't hurt anything if you check it - but it doesn't sound like it is what is causing your issue...

No need to open Maestro. In Logic you can just select Options->Audio->Open Apogee Control Panel

cool tip! i've had my duet for more than half a year and i never thought of that haha

well anyways, it seems like you need to check your settings on there like stated before

and about the pitch correction, you shouldn't be recording with it on in the first place. effects like that usually introduce latency, and although we are lucky to have a daw with latency compensation, you will still get a lot of latency while monitoring.

honestly, i would recommend monitoring with the maestro mixer if you don't want to worry about latency while recording. only problem with this is that you can't add any monitoring effects.

this is why i love my universal audio dcs :)

hi,

i,ve got the the same set up. i really like the duet. the headroom is huge. the preamps are pretty good too but not as good as my focusrite voice channel. i agree that you should monitor via the Meastro and not via logic.its much better to monitor with zero latency. you might have to buy a cheap reverb to soften your headphone mix but at least you'll be overdubbing in perfect time.i bought a berringer reverb for $100 and it does the job well.

chris

Hey cats,

I have a duet but because it only has one mixer it doesn't allow monitoring with any external verb. Only dry.

how are you using an external verb to monitor with 0 latency in duet ?

thanks

PM

sorry if I'm hijacking

Hey cats,

I have a duet but because it only has one mixer it doesn't allow monitoring with any external verb. Only dry.

how are you using an external verb to monitor with 0 latency in duet ?

i use an universal audio dcs. i bypass duet's preamps and go straight into the converters. my dcs has it's own hardware monitoring with reverb, so that's what i use.

i just run my headphones out in the duet into a small mixer with a reverb send. i can then eq and verb my headphone mix without effecting whats going to tape. this is generally called having a head phone mix.its a little bit more complicated than monitoring out of logic but the bonus is zero latency and to me thats paramount.

chris

i just run my headphones out in the duet into a small mixer with a reverb send. i can then eq and verb my headphone mix without effecting whats going to tape. this is generally called having a head phone mix.its a little bit more complicated than monitoring out of logic but the bonus is zero latency and to me thats paramount.

chris

hey man thanks, that's a great idea.

best

P