mastering in logic or waveburner??

dabster

Is it true you can put an album of tunes in waveburner and it will master them to the same volume etc???

You can master in WB but I use Logic - it's just way more flexible - and then I export them to WB for getting the song order and gaps right.

that's the way to work - IIRC using plugins in Waveburner actually affects the quality of audio, i think Lagerfeldt mentioned something about it a while ago

that's the way to work - IIRC using plugins in Waveburner actually affects the quality of audio, i think Lagerfeldt mentioned something about it a while ago

Indeed, it's been covered quite a bit... even on Apple's own discussion boards - but here's a good place to start:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=39714

to be concise: do all of your mastering (fades, transitions, effects, leveling, etc.) in Logic. Dither out of Logic to 16-bit files, and use WB to burn the actual disc. Most importantly, do not let WB process anything (until Apple fixes the bit-bug problem.)