Aux : Parallel Compression for Drums...or other things

i recently made this CST for Aux Channels, which is basically a combination of Anaemik's NYC Compression setting (http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=7700), a channel EQ, and 8E8s' All purpose preamp using the Bass Amp (http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=38157).

i give them all credit for these really nice presets which make any drum mix sound incredible.

all you have to do is send all your drum and percussion tracks to one Bus, load this CST, tweak the EQ and Bass Amp settings to your needs, and adjust the percentage of the Compressor's Output Mix.

save under this path : ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/Bus/

ParaComp Drum Bus.cst

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Im confused, all that seems to come up is the bass amp which has the preset you made, but the eq doesnt have a special preset and neither does the compressor, just the defaults? Am I missing something here? Apologies if so..

What if you have other plugins on the drum track channels?

Do you route the whole virtual instrument channels output from "Stereo Out", to the bus with the CST and then route any additional bussed channels effecting just the drums, to that CST bus also?

Also, do you still individualize these by making 3 aux 's with CST on it for lows mids highs or do you just bus all your drums, kick, snare, highs, all to the same aux with CST? I don't see how you would send mids lows and highs to one eq.

Would this eliminate the need for BBE plugz like maximizer, harmonizer, etc? If you used those in conjunction would it be overkill?

And one last one.. promise! Are you just adding the insert to the channel and leaving the output to stereo or are you routing all the drums (Bass making Synths (massive DnB type too?) to the CST aux?

Thanks in advance! I know theres a lot of ?'s here but im very eager to figure this out and thanks for the help you provide here at the board.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...