Channel strips on set and concert level

ensho

I just found out about a feature that I consider very handy (although I haven't had much time to dig into it). I thought I'd share it here. I'm sorry if I am bringing you old news...

You can add channel strips not only on patch level, but also when you select a set or even an entire concert. The channel strip is active in every patch of the set/concert. As it is with controller assignments, concerts level channel settings have priority over set level and patch level ones. You can overrun this in the patch inspector, though.

It creates a problem however: when doing so with audio instruments, the concert level strip takes over your MIDI keyboard and the AUs on the patch level are no longer playable.

A workaround for this is adding another keyboard in layout mode and assigning it to the same controller. Both keyboards can be selected separately in the channel strip inspector. You can assign the concert level AU to one keyboard and the patch level AUs to the other to the effect that you can play them both on the same MIDI keyboard.

If anyone has more insights, tips or user experience on this, be so kind to share it.

Cheers from the Netherlands!

-Ensho