Ultralite VS Saffire VS Firebox

im gonna buy a cheap sound card whilst waiting for the ensemble,basicaly all i care about is having 2 good pre's ,clean AD/DA,solid osx drivers,low latency and good headphone gain!!

so all these cards are around the same price braket and they all seem to be ok,but i think it will be the preamps that will be the desiding factor,so if anyone can comment on any of these it would give me a good reason to grab or not to grab,as i dont wanna waiste money on the wrong one!!

thanks

• 1 month later...
I got the Saffire for the Focusrite Pres. I dont even think it is a fair contest. I have an original Mbox with the Focusrite preamps and they spoiled me. Do you and your music a favor, get the Saffire. Also comes with some nice DSP effects that are very configurable, i.e. you can let your singer hear thier voice with some reverb with no latency and still record a dry signal. Very flexable.

I got the Saffire for the Focusrite Pres. I dont even think it is a fair contest. I have an original Mbox with the Focusrite preamps and they spoiled me. Do you and your music a favor, get the Saffire. Also comes with some nice DSP effects that are very configurable, i.e. you can let your singer hear thier voice with some reverb with no latency and still record a dry signal. Very flexable.

Can you list other i/os like the TC which also comes with tons of effects for one example?., people say it blows Safire away.

thanks for the reply,i ended up grabing the metric halo uln2,wich im more than happy with,the quality of this thing is amazing and my mixers are improving at the spped of sound since buying it,i cant recomend it enough!!
Did u compare it with anything side by side, like the Saphire?

• 3 weeks later...

Dave I have had the Saffire about month now. I have not noticed the

graininess that you have mentioned. I have noticed that it was a little buggy

until I updated the firmware a couple of days ago. I had been getting a few pops

and clicks but these never show up on a recording. I think it is the driver and the G5 at odds occasionally. After the update all is quiet.