Play 2 instruments split accross the keyboard? [SOLVED]

mc72188hotmail.com

Hey Guys,

Have been using Logic for couple months now, amazing. made some amazing music, worship, classical. DIdnt pay much attention to mainstage but now working with worship team and mass choir. Need to know about main stage. How do i put 2 instruments to play and how can i split those down the keyboard. Like, i want a guitar in the top octave, and the rest of the keys, i want a pad. How can i do this?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Have been using Logic for couple months now, amazing. made some amazing music, worship, classical. DIdnt pay much attention to mainstage but now working with worship team and mass choir. Need to know about main stage. How do i put 2 instruments to play and how can i split those down the keyboard. Like, i want a guitar in the top octave, and the rest of the keys, i want a pad. How can i do this?

Thanks

Don't take this the wrong way, but I definitely recommend you read the manual. Its surprisingly short, but gives you this information very clearly. You could probably sit and digest the manual in about 1 hour of reading. Well worth it for sure.

To make a split and create a floating split (amazing and unique feature of mainstage), in the Edit view, in the mixer on the far right side of the window, select the channel strip containing the instrument you want to split and in the channel strip inspector set the high/low key for the split. Do this for each instrument to create complex layers and splits. Check out the Floating Split Point feature. Its a little odd to get at first, but very intuitive. You will never think of splits the same way again!

736872986_Picture27.png.d4834cb2afc8747dd2fcc49b48ec310b.png