arrangement help

derf

One thing ive always struggled with in music is the arrangement. My track's always end very repetitive and boring.

I was thinking maybe i could learn something from somebody else's arrangement

is there anyone out there will to share an arrangement that maybe they are not too bothered about?

so maybe i can crack my production problem

i make electronic music mainly house

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

while i don't do the kind of music you are, there are standard principles involved.

in music you need to sustain a listeners interest so one of the things you might notice in other peoples tunes is the subsequent additions of more instrumentation. so, first starting on a simple repetitive framework, you can progressively build up more harmonic and contrapuntal complexity.....

i know it sucks because you come up with a great part and your brain focuses on it and the you can't get out of its rut to come up with another section

there are some rock tunes that have the same chords for verses and choruses...they do it by changing up the instrumentation, the melody and feel.

• 3 weeks later...
One thing ive always struggled with in music is the arrangement. My track's always end very repetitive and boring.

I was thinking maybe i could learn something from somebody else's arrangement

is there anyone out there will to share an arrangement that maybe they are not too bothered about?

so maybe i can crack my production problem

i make electronic music mainly house

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

I searched around and found some decent midi files of songs.. I recreated them in logic.. I got it all into the score page too.. That is a great learning tool.. You start to visually see the relationship of notes and phrases. You get twice as much feedback, rather than just relying on your ears to build a song.. Another way would be to create fake dummy midi data (not really the notes played, but a representation).. Use the color commands to show the variation and development of a song.. You can learn a lot from that also..

You can also write out a detailed analysis of a song bar by bar.. Drums bass start, e piano comes in on 5, E guitar on 13, etc. Epiano stops and replaced by organ in 2nd verse etc.. Do this do a bunch of songs, and you start to get ideas for your own material..

• 2 weeks later...