Mainstage2 playback plugin start/stop controller assignment?

rost

Does anyone have any tips of assigning start/stop controller in MS2?

My midi controller is Novation remote SL. It's play/stop button, or any other button for that matter, sends two midi signals - one on press and one on release, which makes MS2 Playback plugin audio being started twice.

Ideally, I think, the solution would be for MS2 to except 2 midi signals for start and two for stop actions. Maybe there is a way to make it happen but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks, Rost.

My midi controller is Novation remote SL. It's play/stop button, or any other button for that matter, sends two midi signals - one on press and one on release, which makes MS2 Playback plugin audio being started twice.

Ideally, I think, the solution would be for MS2 to except 2 midi signals for start and two for stop actions. Maybe there is a way to make it happen but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks, Rost.

I have a 61SL and its not ideal for MainStage use out of the box. I had to create a completely new template which used standard controllers for every knob, fader and button. This meant configuring the transport controls to send a single value. Took me about 1/2 hour and once I saved it as a template, I had a standard place to start with in MainStage.

SL is nice, but it tries to solve the same problem MainStage is solving, so its not an ideal pairing.

I'm looking into alternative controllers now to find the ultimate live controller for MainStage. (and one that works well for Logic)

Thanks a lot Stone.

Now in addition to my learning main stage I have to learn custom templates in novation, grrrr...

Wonder if there any public work being available. Cheating, I know, but ...

Thanks, Rost.

I have a 61SL and its not ideal for MainStage use out of the box. I had to create a completely new template which used standard controllers for every knob, fader and button. This meant configuring the transport controls to send a single value. Took me about 1/2 hour and once I saved it as a template, I had a standard place to start with in MainStage.

SL is nice, but it tries to solve the same problem MainStage is solving, so its not an ideal pairing.

I'm looking into alternative controllers now to find the ultimate live controller for MainStage. (and one that works well for Logic)