L9 - GUi customization, minor changes

New solid meter idea on site.

you've done some great work; i've been mixing & matching.

the solid meters...gotta get used to them, they're...surprising.

am so used to the segmented meters! but gonna give it some time.

anyway, thanks to all the modders; it's great to have the app customized

(i even made my own login window, since i HATE the logic icon...)

amguimod you made here a very very nice and beautiful work!

bur i'm experiencing a strange thing with ampguimod V2 and solid meters > all meters are grey like this

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7082/screenshot20100215at134.jpg

What's wrong ?

Thanks

EDIT : reply to myself, was coz using display mixer mode in exp.

hey i'm alil confused..im having the same prob. but i dont understand..

can u clear it up for me?? srry im jus confused on the..if you want numbers on the meters, you have to choose one or the other to install. I may make exponential

:?: :?: :?:

There are two different styles of meter in Logic, exponential and linear. We both make the linear versions because you have to pick ONE style when you are making certain meters and linear is far more common. Click on the DB scale on the far left of your mixer and select "linear" then you should be all good.

There are two different styles of meter in Logic, exponential and linear. We both make the linear versions because you have to pick ONE style when you are making certain meters and linear is far more common. Click on the DB scale on the far left of your mixer and select "linear" then you should be all good.

ok tht worked!!

so what is the difference between exponential and linear?

Thnk You!

This is my very biased opinion... exponential sucks and linear is much more useable ;) Everything is sorta jammed into the lower region with expo and it makes overs harder to avoid when dialing in levels from your pres and such.

852781524_Picture1.jpg.357d43ca3f58cb0ab7e23a13cea36a77.jpg

Gonna throw my hat into the ring here. I've been doing a number of mods for DP for a while, and just started exploring Logic for various jobs. I've always dug the sound when you get a lot of instruments going. This is the start of my GUI mod journey in Logic...

Hi there, I'm new to this excellent board. This is just what I was complaining about in Logic in the first place. No DB readings on the levels. But this mod is great!

Any chance you can release this one? Love the colours on it, along with the numbers in front of the colours as oppposed to behind it!

New variation... (all GUI mods in package)

I really like this mod....

Thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing the end results so willingly...

Much appreciated!

Hey, you're very welcome n6smith! Glad somebody digs it :)

I actually find that one REALLY easy on the eyes when mixing... nothing sticks out too much as the colors are fairly muted and that's what I was going for. The only thing that should catch your eye should be the meters.

right... you have to replace the legend with a modded one to show the accurate reading according to what the meters/numeric value show. If you run a test tone with a level set so the numeric value at the top of the meter says -10, the legend will be a pixel or two off. So Logic out of the box is off. We've changed the legend to match the meters.

Used the best ones I could find and mixed it together for the perfect shake! (THANK GUYS)

It had to look clean and easy to stair at for hours, not like a freaking circus like some of you did. :mrgreen:

Its not perfect yet but I'm getting there.

I've created (with the help from you guys of course) more depth, making it look more like a real console.

Hope you all like it, when I feel its 100% I'll post it in a zip file.

PS. I will keep editing this page so it stays easy to keep track.

First things to change are:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6863/logicmixer.jpg

To be continued.... 8)