Sending Click to Drummer

myand

Hi

since I have to wait for Logic 9 and Mainstage 2 for about 6 weeks, I live in Germany, I ask you guys who already own Mainstage 2.

Now that Mainstage 2 supports Midi out, is it possible to easily send a Midi Click e.g. to the Drummer? Is it possible to load the Metronome plugin Klopfgeist, set the tempo in the Patch-info-area-box and that´s it (probably not because of the missing "play" command)? or could I realize that with the backing tracks, which would be kind of complicated, cos I´d need a new backing track (click track) for each song.

How do you realize the task to send a Click to the drummer?

best regards

myand

Now that Mainstage 2 supports Midi out, is it possible to easily send a Midi Click e.g. to the Drummer?

How do you define a "MIDI Click"? MIDI Beat Clock is supported on MIDI Out.

Is it possible to load the Metronome plugin Klopfgeist, set the tempo in the Patch-info-area-box and that´s it (probably not because of the missing "play" command)?

MainStage 2 supports Play/Stop/etc. It is now actually required if you have plug-ins that need to be in play mode (UB, some external ones).

And yes, you can use Metronome, route it to a specific audio output for your drummer and it will follow the tempo.

or could I realize that with the backing tracks, which would be kind of complicated, cos I´d need a new backing track (click track) for each song.

Yes, that would work, too, and yes, it is a bit complicated.

Mainstage 2 supports Midi out, is it possible to easily send a Midi Click e.g. to the Drummer?

You could also consider using Ultrabeat, then you will be able to customize click sounds for different beats in different parts of the beat and/or measure (kind of like Dr Beat) using sampled sounds.

Hi

since I have to wait for Logic 9 and Mainstage 2 for about 6 weeks, I live in Germany, I ask you guys who already own Mainstage 2.

Now that Mainstage 2 supports Midi out, is it possible to easily send a Midi Click e.g. to the Drummer? Is it possible to load the Metronome plugin Klopfgeist, set the tempo in the Patch-info-area-box and that´s it (probably not because of the missing "play" command)? or could I realize that with the backing tracks, which would be kind of complicated, cos I´d need a new backing track (click track) for each song.

How do you realize the task to send a Click to the drummer?

best regards

myand

You can also prepare a submix of anything going on using bus sends to an aux and then output that to the drummer's headphones..