Spinal Tap and Mainstage

nickweston

FYI I just returned from NYC, where I did Jimmy Fallon and Jon Stewart with Spinal Tap.

I received LP9 the day before I left-installed it on my MBPro, and used Mainstage for the bulk of my rig on both shows without a hitch.

I even loaded a couple of playback tracks for the intro to "Back From The Dead." Digging that feature for sure.

Just wanted to report that everything worked perfectly...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/86190/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-spinal-tap-extended-performance

http://www.hulu.com/watch/85817/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-spinal-tap

FYI the new album was done in Logic...

CJ

tapjonstewart_114.jpg.167a1e949c40cbe292db2395b286b1be.jpg

glad you finally got the show.

By the way, Nick Weston is my screename, I'm actually CJ Vanston (cjvanston.com).

Just wanted everyone to know that MainStage and Logic 9 worked flawlessly on the shows.

And yes David, it did take a level of trust to install it and program the set on the plane...but that's how much I trust Logic and Apple. Also used MS on our recent concerts at Glastonbury and Wembley. Keith Emerson sat in and said my organ sound was the best he'd ever heard outside of a real B/C3. I told him I modeled it after my hero in the EVB3, and the hero was HIM. Love that EVB3.

Here's a pic of us playing together at Wembley with Derek Smalls in the middle.

Check out the new album, "Back From The Dead," all on Logic, Keith plays a solo on it!

CJ Vanston

cjderekkeith_739.jpg.6f747222f1180b303958e8133bf3e457.jpg