Loopback problems with recording

bigbadotis

Hello,

I'm having problems with loopback. A lot of times I press a pedal to begin recording, see the light turn on on the button I've assigned to tell Loopback to start recording (which the pedal is assigned to), but then there's still a gap between when that light goes on and when the recording actually starts.

Again, the light goes one (so the signal has been received) but then there is a delay after that.

I've set the sync and the snap to both be off. Anybody else having this problem or have any suggestions? It's not consistent, every once in a while it works how I would expect it to. On times when it lags the lag before the recording starts is of variable length.

Thanks! - Charlie

Hmmm... looking at Loopback some more... the problem is that even if I manually hit the record button in the loopback interface, it still takes a little while for the play back to light up and for the transport to start (and thus start recording).

How do I make these events (record enable + play) happen simultaneously? Am I missing something about how I'm supposed to use Loopback?

Hmmm.... curious

I can't seem to replicate this on my system, but my only guess would be that it has something to do with the playback controls in Mainstage.

In order for plugins like loopback (or rewire programs) to operate properly with Mainstage 2, the beat clock (is this the appropriate term?) is still going. Even when you stop loopback, the clock continues.

Given that you said the sync and snap are both off, loopback should not be attempting to sync with Mainstage's clock. Given your description of the problem, however, it sounds as though loopback is syncing to Mainstage's clock.

Try testing to see if stopping the clock before pressing the record command solves the problem. Assign a button to "action -> Stop" and press it prior to trying to record a loop in loopback. If this solves the problem, Loopback may still be trying to sync to beat clock. If this does not solve the problem.... well then we start looking at other possibilities.

-Kenny

I have no idea what I changed (if anything) but now it's working.

I'm really confused. I don't think I did anything to fix it. But I guess I'm confused and happy. If I have the problem again and can isolate I'll be sure to write back here... thanks for help! - Charlie

I have no idea what I changed (if anything) but now it's working.

I'm really confused. I don't think I did anything to fix it. But I guess I'm confused and happy. If I have the problem again and can isolate I'll be sure to write back here... thanks for help! - Charlie