Plogue Bidule and MainStage 2: audio routing issues/CPU load

Maddcow

Hi all.

I want to use Plogule Bidule to host my softsynths because MainStage can't send MIDI program changes to the synths. And MainStage just can't handle approx. 40 patches across 4 softsynths....I run into serious resource issues. So I plan to have Bidule output the audio from the synths into MainStage patches/channelstrips but I'm having some issues. The reason I want to do this is because I just want to work with one GUI, and routing the softsynths back into MainStage patches/channel strips means that I can still see which patch has been chosen because the MIDI program changes are being passed through to MainStage.....so it's a simple matter of matching the MIDI program numbers of the softsynths in Bidule to the MainStage patches that I've set up.

I've been trying to use Soundflower and Jack to route the audio into MainStage but every time I connect the softsynths to the audio output module in Bidule, the CPU load in MainStage goes completely nuts! And this is without even routing any of the Soundflower/Jack outputs into MS....although there's no change to the CPU usage when I actually set up the routing. My overall CPU usage on my MBP (in activity monitor) is very reasonable, but the CPU usage in MS just completely goes off the charts.

Anyone know why this is happening? And does anyone have any ideas about how to successfully accomplish what I want to achieve?

I have to say that I'm less than impressed with resource usage in MS2 vs. MS1, although the new features in MS2 are very good.

Gary