Why does mainstage not include a midi sequencer?

jruckaudio

title says it all? any ideas why apple would omit such a useful feature! I know i have ultrabeat but that doesnt really count! unless im missing something obvious

It is included, it is called "Logic Pro". Seriously: if you need a sequencer, use Logic.

thats what im using, i was just hoping that one day (when mainstage 2 was released) i'd be able to use it! im a singer/songwriter doing electronic rock type stuff... i play guitar and wanted synth lines to play but i want to be able to tweak it live like cutoff and glide. so i cant use loop back . i just find it odd that it isnt there i feel like alot of people want some slight sequencing in mainstage. i guess ill try rewire with live. i was looking to this forum for a little support.

yeah, i have a free copy of live that came with my m-audio axiom, i think its limited to 4 tracks or something, but it should do the job. im just running this on a 2.4 ghz alum macbook and was trying to keep it as lite as possible, havnt seen how rewire does on this thing. Eloquence does seem like it would work. is there anyone else who would like to use a midi sequencer in mainstage? maybe if im not alone apple with add it! ha!

Eloquence does look really interesting.

Until then, rewiring Live is probably the best thing to do - although it's pretty pricey if that's all you want it for. Any other rewirable midi sequencers?

You could probably do something with Plogue Bidule. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than Live, and far more flexible. It's ReWire-able or can run as an AU plugin. It's got several different types of MIDI player setups.