advice needed please.

jas_hall

This is a long one so please be patient.

I am currnetly using mini disc backings and modules/effects for work but would like to replace them all with a laptop.

I have a feb 2008 macbook 3.1, intel core duo and 1gb memory. I am very happy with logic 7 and do not want logic 8 for recording but was wondering if the macbook would be powerful enough to run mainstage.

I am thinking of an audio track (backing) and supplying one (maybe two) keyboard sounds for keybaord player and simultaneous guitar effects (for guitarist). If it can't do that, could I use it to to play audio tracks and switch midi program changes on external devices?

If this isn't clear enough or you need any more info, please ask.

cheers

jason

I have a feb 2008 macbook 3.1, intel core duo and 1gb memory. I am very happy with logic 7 and do not want logic 8 for recording but was wondering if the macbook would be powerful enough to run mainstage.

It is and it is not --- meaning: it depends how far you want to push it.

Any machine (!) can be overloaded by adding enough Space Designer, etc. to one concert. But if you are careful (e.g. using PlatinumVerb instead of Space Designer - which in most cases doesn't make a big difference live, if you have to at least put _one_ on a bus), you can easily use your machine.

Hi, I am thinking of useing 1 keyboard sound at a time(piano) and 1 guitar effect at a time plus a stereo backing track.

is it also posible to select the next song to be played (including patch changes) whilst playing the present song? I have downloaded the Mainstage operation manual in PDF form but it doesn't seem to answer the questions I'm asking!

Cheers

Jason