new to mainstage question

guitarpoplin

so im getting logic 9. and i am wondering is there anyway i can run my guitar through it with a backing track being played?

like have drum machines or synths in the back and i play guitar?

and is there a way to time everything like so when it goes chorus to verse. the guitar will switch automatic?

For the first part of your question: Yes, it is possible to play a backing track while playing the guitar through Mainstage. The new Playback feature is very convenient for that.

As far as I know, it is not possible to automatically switch the settings of your guitar sound, based on markers in the backing track.

It is very useful to have a MIDI foot controller when playing guitar with Mainstage. You can use it to switch your guitar sound, of course, but you can also use it to switch from playing a loop of the verse in the backing track to playing the chorus of the backing track. This allows you to extend solos over the verse chords, for example. You can even combine these two actions, and assign them to just one switch on the foot controller, but as far as I know you should still trigger this switch yourself.

ok awesome. just to make sure on the new logic 9 with mainstage u will be able to get the guitar amp designer right?

cause i was thinking of just using that as my amp for live and a back track.

like have my guitar/ all the back tracks *synths, strings, horns, piano* go through the left speaker that goes to stereo on the mixer board. then on the right is my Click track. you think i can do that?