Have you Taken Your Logic "Stupid Pill" Today?

ski

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

This is really a classic that has happened to many a professional. Classic DFA fader that the aforementioned AES white paper was based on (not sure if you saw it? Two posts before yours). 

Yes, it was this post that gave me the courage to post mine, once I figured out what DFA stands for. It's good to know that I'm in good company because at the time I was thinking that this was an inexcusable error.

I also remember seeing a movie about the Beach Boys early career where the Wilson's father was their manager. The recording engineers set up a DFA fader for him and let him adjust away to his hearts content.

They've made similar tests with professional sommeliers, they do wine tastings, same wine offered to the same group 2 weeks apart, first inside a crappy wine bottle design and label, the second time with a nice bottle and fancy label stating it's some kind of "grand cru". 

The second tasting is consistently rated much higher. 

It's important to know and recognize that no matter our level of experience, we're all subject to bias. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

This dates back to computers with CD recorders contained in mac pro towers.   A woman brought her Mac in and told the repair man that the 'drink holder' on her Mac broke and she needed it fixed. The holder wasn't extending out and there was no room on her computer desk to place the coffee

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• David Nahmani changed the title to Have you Taken Your Logic "Stupid Pill" Today?