Error code -120?

Bluemoa

It says directory not found? It occurs when im deleting audio files from the arrange window. No project assets seem to be affected, saves work and projects open without missing audio files. I did change the audio directory by making an alias folder that leads to the new directory but i never had problems with this before Logic 9. Anyone have any experience with this error? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
If this is an alias, is the original directory still around?

yes, i tried to re-alias it but that didn't work. I'll try trashing my preferences and give an update

UPDATE - Trashing the preferences didnt work. I checked the recording directory in the project settings and that looks fine. I can record on my system drive no problem but when i try to do it with my other hard drive it gives me that error when i delete a file from the arrange window. This is from a hard drive that came with my mac pro. Logic 8 does NOT give me this error, only Logic 9

• 4 months later...

I've been encountering this problem too, and it's always followed by "Fade Update Failed" (error-120).

I can't figure out what exactly triggers the errors, but they occur only in certain songs. When they do occur, arrange window non-destructive fades don't work.

I checked the fade folder and many of the fades I've inserted haven't generated the expected temp fade files. I'll try fixing permissions and see if that helps.

I've been encountering this problem too, and it's always followed by "Fade Update Failed" (error-120).

I can't figure out what exactly triggers the errors, but they occur only in certain songs. When they do occur, arrange window non-destructive fades don't work.

I checked the fade folder and many of the fades I've inserted haven't generated the expected temp fade files. I'll try fixing permissions and see if that helps.

Have you tried Options > Audio > Delete All Fade Files?

I tried

1. Selecting all audio files from the audio window and Update File Information

2. Options>Audio>Delete All Fade Files

3. Permissions repair from Disk Utility.

I'm not sure if this is important or not, but I record all my audio on a second internal drive.

I'm still getting the error messages, and fades don't work.

My audio drive format:

Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

I resaved the song in a new project folder, including all assets.

This action fixed the problem temporarily.

However, then I had a crash (I think it was triggered by a "Save As", but it's unclear).

After the crash, the problem resumed.

Fortunately, I re-opened an earlier version, and it's been fine since, but I still haven't figured out the cause.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem, don't know if you've found a solution but...

I'm recording on a second internal drive with a macpro on 10.6.8 (LP 9.1.5) Even when I create new projects, every time I delete a File I get this DIrectory Not Found error -120.

I checked the file path to make sure it was the right "Audio Files" folder and it is.

I trashed preferences, and still having the same problem.

Any ideas what to try next? It's a real bummer to have to say OK to every file I delete after every take.

• 1 year later...

So did anyone every find a fix to this "error -120" that prevents fade files from updating?

I'm having it on my system now on 2 projects -- one of which began life on my laptop, but I don't see how that should cause it. Never seen this before but now it's frikkin annoying as heck.

• 6 months later...

I just started experiencing this Error -120. Its repeatable, and now happens every time I record audio.

If I Delete an audio recording (after being asked if its ok to really delete the file, I get this message:

"Directory not found

Result code = -120

File = filename.aif"

[OK]

However, a check in the Project bin before I delete shows the file to be there on the hard drive, and all paths and directories appear to be in order. (My files are all 24-bit, aiff). When I say "OK" to the error message, the file deletes normally.

If I do a multi-take comp of an audio recording, and then do a Flatten and Merge (with fades), I get this series of messages, repeated once for each take recorded:

"Directory not found

Result code = -120"

[OK]

"Fade update Failed

(Error -120)"

[OK]

Again the files appear in order on the hard drive. After clicking "OK' over and over, I end up with a properly merged comp. But my finger is getting tired.

I've run the usual Disk Utility permission repairs, etc. DiskWarrior shows all to be peaceful on my boot drive and external drive.

I have also tried a Save As, copying all audio files into a new Project. This does not fix the problem.

FYI, some earlier versions of the same Project do not have this problem, but I have no idea what changed along the way to introduce the problem.