Problems with Rme Fireface 800 and logic

Hey,

I hope that people at this forum can help with a major problem. My fireface 800 is locked. No firewire signal is comming in or out. And my Comp. doesn't regornise it. I have send it back to RME and they checked it and told that there was nothing wrong with the unit (the have unlocked it end updated the flash momery)

It freeze and stays locked when I get an audio/midi sync error massege in logic (7.1) .

I have a Duel 2.3 G5 with Logic pro 7.1

Its now locked for weeks and it's really killing me

Are there more people with this problem or is there anyone who could help me out.??

Thank you verry much!!!!

Thanks For the fast reply!!!

I hope that it's only a bad firewire bus on the mac.

But how can a bad bus result in a frozen fireface?

Could it be possible that my firewire bus on the Mac send a wrong code or something. That makes the fireface 800 lock its internal memory?

I tried it on a other laptop (PC) and it also didn't regornize it.

I'm gonna buy a firewire bus pci card I hopes that it works.

What do you mean by frozen fireface?

Wait a mn, if you tried it on another computer and couldn't make it work.... do you have another friend who has a computer where you could try it again? If it doesn't work anywhere then it's not you mac, it's the fireface (although I don't think RME would lie about testing it).

But please detail the symptoms. How do you know no firewire is coming out of the firewire?

And have you installed the latest version of the mixer and the fireface's control panel?

I'll ask a friend who has a powerbook G4.

(I have tried on notebook (PC) but that didn't work)

My fireface is locked in the host settings. (but the host led is not on, what very strange is). It doesn't communicade with my G5 (or PCnotebook).

There are no incoming signals in my mac, (Hardware Overview).

What I thought what the problem was is that maybe logic send some kind of code when I have an error (midi/audio sync error) or my mac does. The fireface 800 saves this code or setting in it's intenal memory. And with that lock's the firewire bus.

I've reinstalled my Mac with the newest drivers and updates but that didn't work.

Rme sended it unlocked back but within 15 min it was locked again.

I had terrible problems with my Fireface when I had anything else plugged in to any firewire port on my Quad G5.

Once I got a PCI-Express firewire card, the Fireface started working properly. Unfortunately, the card causes my mac to crash on the first startup every day. Then it works fine.

Make sure you unplug ALL other firewire devices before you declare your Fireface dead.

Steve