Digital Performer 7 is out

the Smooth Audio Edits...that's something I'd LOVE for Logic (AND PTools) to do.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/editing/tools.html

Hey dkgross,

isn't the editing in Logic Pro 9 better than it was in LP8? I'm confused, I thought workflow was a bit better for some in LP9.

I must admit, DP7 looks very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing that info with us.

Matt..STP does have something like this but I haven't tried it, and i don't know if it will do a 'batch fill' kinda think like DP..:

Ambient noise print

Soundtrack Pro lets you replace unwanted sounds with ambient noise. The Set Ambient Noise Print command allows you to identify part of an audio file containing only ambient noise. The Replace With Ambient Noise command applies the ambient noise to the audio file or selection, automatically fitting it to the necessary length and adding crossfades for a natural sound.

onewave...Indeed...L9 has some pretty major improvement over L7 and 8...One of the main ones is the preference check boxes that let you pointer automatically turn into different tools, depending on where on the region you mouse over. Very much like ProTools MultiTool. VERY cool.

I stopped using DP at version 4.5.1...It's been interesting to follow its development. I still think Logic is better for how I work..but, for Film Composers especially, DP has some very specific tools for that genre of composition that I wish Logic had.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/film-scoring/

STP has ambient print which works differently. Also STP 2 (which I am on currently) is possibly the buggiest Apple software todate! I am not sure if these problem have been fixed in version 3 (especially the random crash at no fixed time!)

I also left DP at 4.1 (after the OS 9 to OSX fiasco) and I was very disappointed. I just check and I am still entitled to an upgrade so may give it a whirl for my audio editing needs until Logic catches up. Having said that Logic is still the business for most things (especially instruments!)