Playing my own loop (newbie question) (Mainstage 1)

aldoomid

Hello everybody!

I'm new to Logic and Mainstage.

I'm using and old version for now, but that's only option for me.

The question is how can I assign my own loop (previously created in Logic or Garage Band) to a certain key on my midi keyboard in MainStage? I'd like it to work this way: I press and hold the key and the loop starts to play and continue playing till the moment I release the key. Also is there any chance to control effects during loop playing (i.e. filter cut off)?

Thank you very much in advance.

p.s. sorry for my poor english :D

load the loop as an audio file into the exs24. in the exs24 edit the loop start and end points as the start and end of the audio file. make sure "one shot" is NOT ticked. thats your loop sorted

to play with a filter on the loop the easiest way to do it to audio would be to put a single band EQ on an insert on the channel strip in mainstage and then assign a knob on your midi controller (or on the screen using a mouse if you want) to control the frequency parameter. if you need help setting up a midi controller in mainstage it tells you how to do it in the manual, and theres lots of threads discussing it on these forums.

thank you very much, I'll try this out

and an offtopic question. is there any manuals on how to use i.e. EXS24 Sampler? What tricks it may do etc.? I'm new to all this, so I'd like to use as many sources as I can find.

I think there's a plug-in manual which covers exs24. You'll find it under the Help menu at the top of the screen.