Can't control the surround Panner...SOLVED

trafficarte

Hi all,

I'm trying to set a relatively simple Environment chain of object to attain a trivial task: control the Angle parameter of the Surround Panner.

I've done it in the past, using different controller mapped to a pair of Faders: one set on "fader 25" and the other on "fader 26", plugged them in a "Vector Fader", and finally plugged the latter into the target channel.

If I move the Faders, the value they output move the Vector Fader and the Surround Panner follows.

Unable to do this task ( the signal flows, I've monitored it), I've downloaded the Shivermetimbers file found here.

That file works, I've checked all the parameters, copied them, but no way: my Surround Panners stay stuck.

Any idea??

Tanx

Edited by trafficarte

Hi all,

I'm trying to set a relatively simple Environment chain of object to attain a trivial task: control the Angle parameter of the Surround Panner.

I've done it in the past, using different controller mapped to a pair of Faders: one set on "fader 25" and the other on "fader 26", plugged them in a "Vector Fader", and finally plugged the latter into the target channel.

If I move the Faders, the value they output move the Vector Fader and the Surround Panner follows.

Unable to do this task ( the signal flows, I've monitored it), I've downloaded the Shivermetimbers file found here.

That file works, I've checked all the parameters, copied them, but no way: my Surround Panners stay stuck.

Any idea??

Tanx

That file was an attempt to get something like the korgNanopad to act exactly as if you were moving the panner. It didn't turn out right because of the nature of the nanopad. A joystick type controller would have worked better.

Yes, forget using the Vecto Fader and set up the 2 Faders for whatever your input CC#s are, and set the outputs to F25 and F26. That will allow to to control the Surround panner.

The F25 value controls the circular movement while the F26 value controls the straight movement.

244622895_Picture2.png.2812152d20271cbb6ae24b15498497f0.png