Mute on/off with apple keyboard in environment

shinywhite

Hi all,

i am trying to figure out an environment module that allows to switch the track mute function on/off with the apple keyboard midi transmitions. The problem here is that i dont really have a memory to store the current state in. The idea is basically that i trigger the transform button with certain note. The transformer sends then the information about the mute on/off. The problem is that i also need the information if the mute button is currently low/high. After all it is 'How can i get process two input conditions?' - Note and mute-state...

Hope this is possible.

Regards

Daniel

Logic pro 8, IMac 2,66 core 2 duo, 4Gb, OSX

There is actually no necessity to use the environment when the desired result can be achieved in another way. But so far i could only make out how to set a key command to mute the currently selected track. But my aim is to assign specific keys to specific tracks so that i can switch several of them on and off simulaneously.

There is actually no necessity to use the environment when the desired result can be achieved in another way. But so far i could only make out how to set a key command to mute the currently selected track. But my aim is to assign specific keys to specific tracks so that i can switch several of them on and off simulaneously.

Like when you use the Group function?

not really. Group function is good for that, but you would need to set up a certain key for every group of tracks that you want to mute at the same time. I would prefer to have a on/off button for every track that i can switch with any variation of other on/off buttons. Like mute buttons on an analog Mixer.

I get it. So yes, the answer is, you can do this in the environment. It's not too difficult. You need to cable the "Caps Lock Keyboard" out of the Physical input object in the Clicks and Ports layer in the environment into a transformer and transform your note events into fader events.

To know which event you you need to generate, follow this idea:

Assign Logic knobs to plugin parameters? [sOLVED]

Then you'll have to somehow separate the output of the fader events to different cables depending on the pitch of the note, and cable those to the individual channel strips.

I'm just giving you the general gist, let me know if you need more details on any particular aspect?

Yeah, right. I think i got it now. The problem was that i could set the volume when pressing the button to a certain value, but when pressin it again it would cause to jump to the same level again. So i could make a jump from 0 to 127 (or any other value) but not back with the same knob. I think i found a solution now. The concept is to filter the desired note and split it twice (alternating split). First to seperate on and off, then to split high and low level. The levels can both be set in the transformator. It's actually quite easy, once you have understood that two aternating split transformators are neededd. In the attached file i have done this for one channel. It would have to be done for any channel you want to control again, but that was the idea, wasnt it ;). Thank you very much for your help. I am so happy that it works... and its quite fun messing around with it :))

Bye