Can't create a Software Instrument

jrm14

In the Environment I can't create a software instrument, when I go down to New / Channel Strip. The option is greyed out.

Instead I have to go to Arrange and choose New Track. Then choose software instrument from the drop-down menu. That creates a track, which appears in the Mixer.

I've just bought Virus TI and am confused by how best to set it up. Access support tell me to set it up using New Track/ multitimbral and go that route. The Logic tutorial (made while Logic 7 was around) tells us to set it up using the Environment (which is what I'm used to), make a software instrument, copy it 15 times and make the MIDI channels in ascending order.

Which is the best way?

In the Environment I can't create a software instrument, when I go down to New / Channel Strip. The option is greyed out.

You need to disable "Automatic Management of Channel Strip Objects" in Project Settings->Audio.

I've just bought Virus TI and am confused by how best to set it up. Access support tell me to set it up using New Track/ multitimbral and go that route. The Logic tutorial (made while Logic 7 was around) tells us to set it up using the Environment (which is what I'm used to), make a software instrument, copy it 15 times and make the MIDI channels in ascending order.

Which is the best way?

The result is the same, but the method Access suggests is quicker.