M-Audio FW410 volume problem

Hi!

Anyone using an M-Audio FW410? I'm having a problem with the volume of the interface. When I raise or lower the volume, on the FW phisical fader or using the keyboard volume control, I get an annoying "crackling" sound that lasts about 1 or 2 seconds, until the sound become stable. But this doens't happens everytime, just sometimes.

I have no idea of what might be the problem... anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Thanks.

Hi, I' ve the same annoying 'volume respone latency' problem. it's not about the speakers I think. It's all about between the FW410's driver and Core Audio protocol.

If you use the 'Level Controller' knob on the FW410, you'll see no response latency.

Try this:

Open the FW410 control panel and press the volume up-down key on the keyboard. You can see the slider movements will be from right to left in order. So ''Output 1-2'' is the last one. Because of this we have that annoying problem.

When we use keyboard, the signal first goes to Core Audio and then FW410. I've send an e-mail to M-Audio team for fixing this. Maybe you can write, too.

Cheers, Noyan.

Hi, I' ve the same annoying 'volume respone latency' problem. it's not about the speakers I think. It's all about between the FW410's driver and Core Audio protocol.

If you use the 'Level Controller' knob on the FW410, you'll see no response latency.

Try this:

Open the FW410 control panel and press the volume up-down key on the keyboard. You can see the slider movements will be from right to left in order. So ''Output 1-2'' is the last one. Because of this we have that annoying problem.

When we use keyboard, the signal first goes to Core Audio and then FW410. I've send an e-mail to M-Audio team for fixing this. Maybe you can write, too.

Cheers, Noyan.

Yes! That's exactly what happens. I've seen it it the control panel, and it's like the sound has to pass through all the I/O before the Output 1-2.

I would like to repport this to M-Audio too. Where to did you send it, so I can support that?

Thanks

You can choose your 'Hardware Support' team belongs to your country from the link below...

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.contact

Good luck, Noyan.

PS: Please add your report that this redicilous problem is surviving since very very long time ago. From Mac OS X Panther versions for example..

I'll do so.

Thanks Noyan.