Logic Pro 7.2.2 is out!

WHAT? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! we quad users have been waiting for full support for more than a half f*cking year, and now merely one and a half week after the mac pro is out, it is being candy-fed with what belongs to us in the first place ..... grrr, man, i am MAD. i will let apple feel my displeasure with this.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just so you guys know, you can install the node application on the Quad, to use the four processors.

Can you please elaborate on this detail...

Do I need to have a second Mac to be a node machine to accomplish this, or can can just one G5 Quad act as a node to itself ?

Any additional info on how to install the node application to use the four processors on a G5 PPC Quad, and any other setting/s needed to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

I had no idea this is possible at this time, but I'm quite interested in trying it out, especially if I can make my G5 PPC 2.5 Quad utilize all four processors.

Too bad Apple has not yet given us an update to unlock the power of the G5 PPC Quad while using Logic Pro 7.

Hopefully Apple will address this issue pretty soon. I think they have ignored us (G5 PPC Quad users) for quite a while now, time for some change.... Apple should be able to deliver a Logic Pro update for us Quad G5 PPC users any day now !

Thanks

Definite Bug Fix! :

Logic/Mackie control Global Views are now properly remembered. (Edit: Nope... it's gone back to the old behaviour :-( )

When switching Arrange tracks and therefore changing the live Audio Inst, the first note is no longer delayed.

Overall, I find that the load balancing is greatly improved between dual processors (G5 here). It also seems more efficient and I can run at even lower latenices (RME FF800).

Edit: One bug that has cropped up is when you select a mono Audio (Inst/track) in the arrange rack list. the linked Audio object in the Environment will lose its Meter. :-( Note, this does not occur on stereo objects. -- This has also resolved back to the old behaviour. Weird!

Edited by mattrixx

Too bad Apple has not yet given us an update to unlock the power of the G5 PPC Quad while using Logic Pro 7.

Hopefully Apple will address this issue pretty soon. I think they have ignored us (G5 PPC Quad users) for quite a while now, time for some change.... Apple should be able to deliver a Logic Pro update for us Quad G5 PPC users any day now !

I don't even own a Quad G5 and I completely agree with you! It's a little BS that Apple is supporting the quad processing on the Mac Pros before the Quad G5s. I mean, they are supposed to be all about the "Universal", but they're not showing it in this instance.

Anyways, I personally went ahead and updated my Logic Express to 7.2.2. It probably makes absolutely no difference on my iMac, but just in case there's a bug fix or two I updated.

Is there a step-by-step instruction on how to setup the Quad to be a node to itself ? Any links to this info ?

I did a bit of web searching on this topic, but I can't seem to find any clear instructions on this, any details on how to go about doing it would be quite helpful.

My understanding is the node function would only apply to Logic's own effects and virtual synths.. but would not apply to third party instruments or effects plug-ins. So I guess I can use more instances of Space designer, or ES2, Sculpture, ....and other Logic based Instruments and effects. I don't think this helps the Exs24 improve its performance (or does it ?)

well.... I would like to try this feature on my Quad 2.5.

Thanks

Definite Bug Fix! :

Logic/Mackie control Global Views are now properly remembered. (Edit: Nope... it's gone back to the old behaviour :-( )

Can someone tell me what this is all about? What is/was the bug and was it fixed or not? I have a large Logic Control setup and haven't used it in a while. I'm making room in my studio to set it up again and want to know about what problems I might face. I haven't upgraded yet to 7.2.2.

Has anyone with a Quad G5 been able to use the Node (7.2.2) application successfully?

I tried. It all hooks up properly, but when I enable node processing on an instrument track (anything other than EXS24 or Ultrabeat) the button turns a bright blue, but no sound comes out. Even the System Performance Node meter shows nothing. I have tried saving the project and reopening it, to no avail. I have even tried restarting my whole studio... nothing. I have checked my firewall and it appears to be turned off.

Is this familiar to anyone else? Does anyone have a clue as to why it may be happening?

Thanks all.

hey how is everyone. I am just here spreading the word on a issue regarding Logic Pro and the Quad Core PPC G5. I have started posts on other forums and have quite a good response so far. Late last night I did some research and found alot of email address for important people at Apple from Steve Jobs, to hardware manager to developers to support managers etc. I am going to paste the list below I am asking that if fellow G5 Quad owners send a email maybe just maybe we can get this issue resolved. Tell them how you feel.

[edited by admin: please don't post people's email addresses]