M-Audio ProjectMix I/O is good ?

i recenetly purchashed a M-Audio ProjectMix I/O.

so far it is great... love it.

any tips and tricks for a new user like me???

thanks.

Well, I'm in a dilemma and have seriously considered the ProjectMix.

• Is it possible to set up a Cue Mix - i.e. a zero-latency direct mix of the inputs and the DAW - so singers can get zero-latency headphone feeds?

• What's the quality of the mic amps like?

• What's the CPU load of the drivers compared with the Mac's 'Built-in Audio' - can you run Logic with very small buffers?

Hey, I am kinda new to recording, but was able to put out a full cd using the projectmix.

I had some issues when recording 8 tracks at once.but over all the project mix was easy to learn.

one draw back is that when i recorded a drum kit. I could not get the gain down to reduce the clipping, but it did not seam to hinder the audio, no distortion.

I would love to hear more input from other users out there.

Over all I would not sell it.

Sniper what were your issues when recording 8 ins??^^^^^^

When I recorded a drum kit. I could not get the gain down to reduce the clipping, I messed around with the position of the mics, But the snare and the overhead mics clipped all the time. Iit did not seam to hinder the audio, no distortion. Final out come was great I liked the soun of the Mic Pre's, Of coarse I use a Pre Amp on my Vocal Tracks.

Secondly, at times I would get a clicking sound when I REC enabled tracks 7 & 8.

The input 1>Track 1...would be OK untill..... Input 7>Track 7, In 8>Tr8 ClickingClickingClickingClickingClicking.

I figured that it was a Logic Thing, I would adjust the buffer and it would go away.

Sniper

right thats just why i asked.... on tracks 7&8 im not getting clicking but the volume meters in logic are in the red, but i have no audio going thru.. it only happens sometimes, ill turn the p-mix off then on and everythings good..WIERD.. im not sure if its a p-mix, logic, or a macbook pro problem..

I have had a problem keeping my project mix connected to my Mac. I will be working in Logic and the Project Mix will just disconnect and I will have to shut everything down and restart to get them to connect again. Does any one know how to fix this problem?

I have had a problem keeping my project mix connected to my Mac. I will be working in Logic and the Project Mix will just disconnect and I will have to shut everything down and restart to get them to connect again. Does any one know how to fix this problem?

I never lost connection while using Logic and P-mix, only after leaving all night.