Any way of stopping my Lacie from going to sleep?

Energy Saver system prefs panel -- what's the setting for hard disk sleeping set to?

Also, have you installed the software that came with your LaCie? Because if you have, I strongly suggest uninstalling it and using none of the software that came with that drive. It's totally redundant on an OSX system.

If you're on a Mac, go to the Energy Savings control panel and uncheck the Allow Drive Sleep (*) option at the bottom of the window.

(*) Actually, I'm not sure about the English term, as I'm on a Dutch system - over here, it reads "Plaats harde schijven in sluimerstand indien mogelijk", which translates to "Allow hard drive sleep mode if possible". So much for this linguistic intermezzo!

Best regards,

Gert

over here, it reads "Plaats harde schijven in sluimerstand indien mogelijk", which translates to "Allow hard drive sleep mode if possible".

If you live in NYC you get the "Big City Union" version of OSX. If you enter your Teamster's membership number, OSX lets you sleep on the job.